Visionary Interior Designer Full time/Intern/ Part time
Interior Avenue is growing! Interior Avenue, the Project Roadmap, is a regional manufacturers’ rep group covering Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, and El Paso, TX.
We are changing the way commercial offices, hospitals, and schools design and purchase FF&E. With the heart of a teacher, we show companies how to create affordable spaces without giving up quality, design, or flexibility.
We build our clients a roadmap and guide them through the entire process from start to finish. We also help them establish a budget and will recommend attractive and affordable modern office furniture design that will result in a stylish, contemporary look to reflect our client’s company brand and culture. Our clients will be proud and excited to go to their office every day.
This position will help us create that roadmap. Think of yourself as the “Chip and Joanna” of the commercial world. The “Fixer Upper” of the commercial space. We make the process fun for our clients and you will play a major role in that.
road map (noun)
1. a method worked out in advance for achieving a smooth and seamless experience
arrangement, blueprint, design, game plan, ground plan, master plan, project, strategy, system
We have a team of 4 Visionary Salespeople who work with the A&D, Dealer, and End User community. We have products that enable us to create a great space within any budget.
We are growing. With this growth, we need a great AutoCad Designer. The position is flexible, working from your home or our office to support the 4 salespeople with space planning, quotes, renderings, and FF&E. We will provide laptop and software plus a full week of training with our primary manufacturer. Competitive salary plus bonus, lots of flexibility and a chance to join a crusade in changing spaces and places. We are planning to grow with your help. We are going to have fun and change the manufacturer rep group model out here in the Southwest. We have a 3,000 sq ft showroom, excuse me, a “Visionary Center” to help our clients see what is possible. As our designer, you would be part of creating client Visions. It will have that start-up feel but with a team of professionals and a great book of business.
As our Designer, you are responsible for basic drawings, renderings, and space plans.
We are pioneering an advanced buying experience for companies moving, renovating their space, and buying office furniture. Our dealer network will help you with project management and installation.
With the heart of a teacher, we show companies how to create affordable spaces without giving up quality, design, and flexibility.
Combine creativity and technical knowledge with business skills and understanding to produce functionally beautiful spaces for clients. With you as part of the design team, interiors have never been so engaging.
What You Will Do
• Perform AutoCAD and 20/20 drawings.
• Provide design support and documentation during completion and execution of design concepts
• Work with client’s, manufacturers, furniture dealers, and the A&D community.
• Interest in design or related fields
• 1+ years of AutoCAD experience
• Knowledge of furniture, finishes, materials, color selections, and specifications
• Graphics and visualization skills to effectively communicate design ideas
• Flexibility to focus on a single client with a variety of project types or multiple, concurrent projects in various stages of development
• Ability to communicate design ideas and direction quickly
• GIZA/ CAD, Worksheet, and Visual Impressions skills. (Primary Skill)
• Prepare 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings.
• Build models for client/project team review.
• Possess basic hand and computer-aided design drafting skills.
• Possess space planning skills and an interest in programming and strategy.
• Basic knowledge of design and trends
• Proven ability to prioritize in order to meet deadlines and provide high quality service to clients.
• Meet deadlines consistently, communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing and work in team environment.
• Proficiency in basic technical skills of interior design including the following computer skills:
o MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
o AutoCAD/ GIZA
o 3D Modeling software such as Visual Impressions.
o Photoshop, Illustrator, and Sketchup graphic software helpful.
• Collaborate on commercial interiors projects, including programming client needs, conceptual and schematic design, design development, and management of budgets and schedules.
• Develop space planning concepts and generate program documents.
• Participate in selection of furniture systems and specifications.
• Work with customers and furniture dealers to meet overall project objectives.
• Assist in managing client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination.
• Curious and Creative
• Innovative and Explorative
• Critical and Exacting
• Strategic and Nimble
• Collaborative and Communicative
• Self-driven and Willing (can-do)
Email Resume to email@example.com